Testing & Tagging
Under the Victorian Occupational Health and Safety Act (2004) employers have a legal liability to provide and sustain a safe working environment which is without risks to employees’ and visitors health. This means identifying any dangers related with electrical equipment in a workplace.
Clause 64 (2) Requires:
- all electrical equipment that is used in construction work to be regularly inspected, tested and maintained by a competent person to ensure it is safe for use, and
- all electrical equipment that is used at a place of work where the safe operation of the electrical equipment could be affected by a hostile operating environment is regularly inspected, tested and maintained by a competent person to ensure it is safe for use, and
- all electrical equipment at a place of work that is found to be unsafe is disconnected from the electricity supply and is repaired, replaced or permanently removed from
- In clause 64 of the Regulation a hostile operating environment means an operating environment at a place of work where an item of electrical equipment is, in its normal use, subject to operating conditions that are likely to result in damage to the item of equipment. This includes an operating environment that may:
- cause mechanical damage to the item of equipment, or
- expose the item of equipment to moisture, heat, vibration, corrosive substances or dust that is likely to result in damage to the item of equipment.
Where equipment is exposed to a hostile environment quarterly inspection is recommended.
First 10 Items $75.00 (Prices are GST Exclusive)
|11 - 50 Items ||51 - 100 Items ||101 - 200 Items ||201 - 300 Items ||301 + Items |
|$5 each ||$4.50 each ||$4 each ||$3.50 each ||$3 each |